Saturday, October 15, 2011

Nuevo

Everything is so fresh right now. From my shoes to my current living situation.

The first week on the left coast is in the books. I continue to learn so much about myself and the people around me. I am constantly going through ups and downs with my emotions but at the end of the day I feel confident. I am truly excited about life right now and this feeling is something I've been craving for a long time. I thought I became a man after dealing with the loss of my father but I still have so much growth to attain and I am inspired by it. The craziest part about this entire experience is not the new-ness but the fact that I am closer to certain people back home now than I ever been now that I am 3,000 miles apart. You never know what you have til its gone and me being further away now has strengthened so many of my relationships. 

I have been handed an unbelievable opportunity here in L.A to pursue what it is that I came out here for. There isn't an adjective that would do justice for how grateful I am. 

A quote that my sister passed to me nailed it on the head. I honestly have felt for many years that I will die at a young age. The knowledge that I have of this possibility has 'drove me to drain the most out of every moment of life and to get on with the next challenge'. 

I see a shit load of homeless people in Los Angeles. Which is understandable because where else would you want to be homeless? Seeing all these people is making me realize that any day alive is a good day. If you aren't already, start appreciating life and count yo' blessings! Someone else has it worse than you.

JAKE DAVID<3



No comments:

Post a Comment