Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just waking in the morning, gotta thank God

..I don't know but today seems kinda odd.

So far in La-La Land I have met a woman who had money stolen from them from the Russians, a man that dealt with the death of a father from an AVALANCHE, a man that lost his mother from drugs, met a homeless woman living in a hotel with two kids and barely enough money to buy bread and much, much more. Each of these people are still kickin' and just laughing through life, it's remarkable. People give me credit for over coming the death of my father but the truth is there are so many people who have had it worse. Knowing that leaves me with no excuses but to keep on keepin' on because I SAID GODDAMN, (Uma Thurman, Pulp Fiction) life is as beautiful as it is terrifying. 

I am starting to feel that the answers I am looking for may be right in front of me. The answers may have always been right in front of me but sometimes it takes going away to realize that. The cliche quote, 'you never know what you have til it's gone', is more true than a fact. Most of the time it does take a traumatic experience to make that realization but that doesn't have to be the case. You can make that realization at any point of your day if you just sit down and really think about what you have rather than what you don't. Don't leave someone angry or upset with them por favor. Cabs drive like lunatics, you never know what could happen when you cross the street.

Maaaan I don't want to work my life away. I want to have a conversation with an old man who is the last one standing in his life and has no one else to talk to. I don't want to hand a check to a charity (when I have money), I want to actually get my hands dirty and be in Zimbabwe helping out a little fella. I want to travel to every inch of this planet and get my self into weird situations where I don't know what is going to happen next. I want a girl with a cute butt, exotic eyes and with as much philosophical depth as I. Also, a banana split and a Jet super bowl. 

"The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness."
 - Eric Hoffer

Therefore I am not searching, I am just gliding. 

HK
JAKE DAVID<3

PEACE. 

2 comments:

  1. "GLIDING THRU" thats the ticket...truth is inside of you and it will come..."life is like a box of chocolate, you never know whatcha gonna get"...so keep gliding...live and learn from all your experiences...so long as you give love..it will always come back....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What else is there but LOVE... thats all we need!

    ReplyDelete