Sunday, January 13, 2013

White Out

I was reminded today that some people have limitations. Some people are capable of things that other people are not. The difference is not the innate ability to create things or talent, but the courage within. I am paraphrasing an article I recently read but when I say courage within I mean the people that are willing to take a chance. And when I say take a chance I don't mean blindly invest yourself in some decision that you have no control over. I mean wisely decide on an opportunity that has an abundance of repercussions yet a contingency of positivity. One of the most common fears is the fear of being rejected. I can't say that I am completely immune to feeling the affects of rejection but I am certainly widening that gap. 

In my opinion, there are those that settle for the stable and 'safe' route and those that don't settle. And the difference between those that settle and don't settle is proportionate to those that are willing take a risk and not take a risk. When you take a risk it is vital to project confidence further increasing the probability of success within your risk. Which reminds me of a quote from Christopher McCandless:  

“It is important in life not to be strong, but to feel strong.' 

So, whatever it is your about to go after, talk yourself into confidence. Even if in the back of your mind you know that you aren't, it doesn't matter. It is a projection. A projection isn't a tangible thing. But if it appears tangible then it is tangible, A.K.A real. Whether it is stepping on a basketball court, sealing a deal or talking to a girl, portray confidence. That to me seems like the first step to success in executing a risk, let alone anything.

We get too comfortable. We get to secure. The weird thing is security is what we all attain. In my sick little mind security is boring. A new horizon, new experience, new challenges are all insecure and yet the most pivotal to our growth. But the thing I realized is neither path is right or wrong, it is just preference. Whatever I think and whatever I write on this blog is simply a preference. Everyone is different and has their own reaction to each stimuli. But, regardless I still feel it is necessary to keep things fresh and take a risk. Keeping things fresh is one of the most important components of a relationship, and I've barely been in a long term relationship! In comparison, keeping things fresh in a relationship is just as important as keeping things fresh in life. If you find something you like to do, continue on with that but do not settle. Continue to progress, continue to long for something that may seem unattainable and take the unbeaten path. Even if it is only once in a while. 

Mix it up, keep it real and don't be scared.



No comments:

Post a Comment