Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Decisions, Decisions..

"Riches begin with a state of mind, with definitiveness of purpose, with little or no hard work." - Napoleon Hill

The word riches aforementioned is completely subjective. It is not necessarily defined monetarily but can be if that is what you desire. DESIRE stems from a state of mind and is where it all starts. Desire is then proceeded by decision. If you desire something, whether it be money, to be the next great pianist, ball player, florist, yogaist (yogaist is a term I just created meaning one who practices or teaches yoga) or etc then stick with that DECISION and become obsessed with it until it is obtained.

By the way, this is coming from someone who used to be (I am still working on it) one of the most indecisive people in the world. Ask my mother, sister or brother in law. The weight of the world came upon my shoulders when I looked at a menu that read; penne vodka or fetticini alfredo. Do I want to wash it down with a Shirley Temple or do I just want a coke? HOW CAN I MAKE A SATISFIED DECISION WITH SO MANY OPTIONS?

I think I suffered from severe FOMO, or Fear Of Missing Out. But the fact is, whether it be by decision or lack of decision you will in fact be "missing out" on something.

Do not fear making a decision because when it comes to all 'successful' people they have the ability to make a decision and stick with it. Do not fear of making a decision due to fear of making a wrong decision, either. Because I believe that if one makes a wrong decision and fails it is okay. Because as Napoleon Hill also stated, "Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or greater Benefit."

So, if that is the case, how can you go wrong making a decision?

*Disclaimer: If you are not seeing results to obtain what is desired, that does not mean give up. That means your current plan isn't working and you just need to revise your plan and try another!



- HK

No comments:

Post a Comment