Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?




There is a very popular and truthful quote in Ferris Bueller's Day Off that I think a high percentage of people reading this are familiar with:

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know"... wait no, thats not it... It's..
  
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." 

When I moved to Los Angeles I came here with a heavy sense of adventure and high sensitivity for life. I still have both those in me but somewhere along the timeline of me being here there were times and there are times where I forget those feelings were what drove (literally and figuratively drove me here in my Acura) me here. As I get older time just goes faster and faster. The only reason I see for that is that I am slowly magnetizing more responsibility which eats up more of my time therefore exponentially expediting each day that passes. Sometimes I become forgetful to take a breath, stop and really look around. And, I hate that because I've always thought of myself as someone who is very conscience of that. 

I think slowing life down should be entered in to our DAILY routine. It is good to take a vacation once in a while to get away from all the hustling and bustling but I think quantifying these vacations to mini-daily-mental vacations does the mind, body and soul good. 

Get lost in what is around you by realizing what is around you. When you find yourself in the middle of a task, so entranced with completing the mission just randomly stop for 30 seconds. Really look at your surroundings to acknowledge whats around you. It levels me out at least.

This may sound heavy but somewhere along the line the human species became so obsessed with evolution, progression and technology that I feel a lot of us forget to peak inside of ourselves. All of our progression and innovativeness is SO important in so many ways but take a step aside once in a while from all this clutter to stop and look around because life really does move fast and it only moves faster as you stack more on your plate.


Don't miss it. 





HK


No comments:

Post a Comment